This is a recruitment collaboration between Shopee and Tech in Asia Jobs.
Asia is a highly heterogeneous region with each country having its own language, unique culture and social norms. So when it comes to building a product, a one-size-fits-all approach will almost never make the cut.
Localization is important, they say. Researching on user habits and browsing patterns for various markets are some of the fundamentals that enable a higher adoption rate, better user experience and product stickiness.
The design team behind Shopee, a C2C mobile marketplace by Garena, knows the importance of making tweaks to its user interface and addressing users’ pain points specific to the various markets across Asia.
According to Shopee, the app has more 20 million downloads across various countries in Asia, namely Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, and Taiwan, since its official launch in November last year. The design team would like to share some insights and design journey so far.
Fabian Lua, Head of Product, and Hongwei Guo, expert designer, from Shopee will be sharing the following:
– Browsing habits of users across different Asia countries
– Mobile VS personal computer/ online browsing habits
– How Shopee localizes its app for each country
– The Shopee design team, culture, workflow and job openings.
Details of the event
- Date: Thursday, 25 August 2016
- Time: 6.30pm-8.30pm
- Location: Around One North MRT. (exact location TBC)
- The event is free of charge
Who should come
- UI/UX designers interested to learn more about UI localization
- UI/UX designers looking for job opportunities
- This is an invite-only event
Tech in Asia will inform you by 22 August if you are selected to join the meetup.
This post UI/UX meetup: How Shopee localizes its user interface for millions of Asian users appeared first on Tech in Asia.